Friday, August 22, 2008

Vacation Pictures and Apple Harvest

Hey everyone! I finally had some time to find some vacation photos to share with you all. This is me and the family on the beach near our condos.

This is our condo, it is a four story condo with the Kitchen and Living room on the top floor. The middle two floors have the bedrooms, four bedrooms and four baths. My sister's room was the middle window.
He is the backside of our condo. The Living room balcony is the top one, the screened-in balcony is my parents room, and the bottom balcony is my room.
We were walking on the beach one night and saw this big something up on the beach. As we got closer, we realized that it was part of the bottom of a boat. So I had to get a couple shots of it, because it looked cool with the tide coming in.
This dog was the softest stuffed animal that I have ever felt. It was flat so it could lay on your bed or over your arm, basically anything. I almost bought it, but it was $40. And what is a grown guy going to do with a stuffed animal?
This is my favorite little furniture and house wares store. This store does not have furniture you can get just anywhere. I fell in love with this store when I was 15 years old, and any time we go on vacation down this way, I always have to stop.

This chair I found in "Blue" when I was 15, and I think this is the reason that I love the store, ok maybe not the only reason. But this chair is the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in.This is a little store called "Persnickety". It is called the "Shop of shops" because in side the store is partitioned off into little "booth" type areas, where small local businesses can rent space and sell their products. One of the owners has her own space, she is graphic designer that is Awesome!
Back home it is Apple picking time. In 13 years we have only had four apples from our two apple trees. This year one of our trees was loaded and our other one had four. Well those four were found by the birds, as were a good amout from our full tree, but I was able to pick just over a bushel of apples from our tree this morning. It was a lot of fun.
I had to get a picture of these apples! When I picked them this morning I was surprised to realize that they have one stem. I think they look like they are kissing.
Well all, I have to get to bed for an early day tomorrow. But I just wanted to share with you a little of our vacation and show you my farmer skills. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Talk to you soon!

No comments: