Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Portfolio Site

Hello again! I just realized that I did not inform you about my portfolio site. Two years ago I created a site for a class on my emphasis in school. I am Mass Communications major emphasizing in Photography. So my site was a photography site, and I was never really in love with the site, it just was not me. This past year I went on a search to find out what is me and how can it represent me, as in my identity package. I loved my logo that my teacher, Laure Chamberlain, helped me create but everything else just did not say "Courtney Herod." During another class I had to create a business card for myself and that is when everything started to fall into place. I chose my colors and then once I had my business cards done, they screamed me. I have been working on my new site that is not just photography. This site will cover my writing (the published works that is), my designs (I am a freelance graphic designer), and my photography. One thing that people do not realize is that just because my emphasis is photography, that is not my major. The degree I will graduate with in May will be a BS in Mass Communication. This degree trains me in every form of communication, basically making it possible for me to work anywhere.
I am really excited about b
eing a senior this year, the end is in site. Part of my senior year will be working on a senior project. I will being have a gallery showing, tba, towards the end of the school year showcasing my work from this year in the photography aspect of my degree. This summer has really been a learning experience for me. I have been interning with international wedding photographer Garrett Nudd of Garrett Nudd Photography and of coBBlestone rue a couture portrait studio. He and his wife Joy, have been so incredibly nice and helpful as I get ready to head out into the world of work for the rest of my life. I am so greatful to them for giving me this incredible eyeopening experience. Thank you to both of you!
I will be posting this year some of my designs from clients as well as I will let you all know when my new site is up and active.

Talk to you soon.

No comments: