Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello all! I hope that you all had a wondrous Thanksgiving. For those of you that braved the stores today, I hope that it was worth it and that you were able to find some great deals. Thanksgiving had been different the past couple years. My dad started this no oils diet to lower his cholesterol, and so we try and make everything so that he can eat it too and we don't have to fix something else special for him. So this year, because my dad loves pie, I searched online for a fat-free pie crust. I found several, but the one I chose to do was from the Happy Herbivore blog. Here is my advice for it: because this pie doesn't have fat in it and uses a banana for the moisture to hold it together, cook your filling on top of the stove before filling your pie crust. The reason being, this pie crust can not bake for as long as the filling needs to and you will end up with a very hard crust that could break a tooth.

For my family, the day after Thanksgiving is the day we start getting the house ready for Christmas. It takes the majority of the day setting up our 9.5 foot tree and stringing the lights on it. This year we have close to 3,000 lights on it, but this year we added another tree for the downstairs so we also had to set that up and start stringing lights on it (we ran out and have to get more to finish it). Have you ever noticed that in a lot of houses, the Christmas decorations stop after the pubic rooms (living room, kitchen and dinning room) are done. The main tree will get its decorations and finishing touches Sunday, but the second tree I am making most of the ornaments. Each year I have always made a few ornaments for the tree, kinda of a tradition. My goal for this second tree is to decorate for little money. I will be posting, later, direction to make one of the ornaments that my mother taught me to make a long time ago.

For now, enjoy your weekend and reflect on all the things in our lives that we have to be thankful for. We may have it rough sometimes, but in many ways we are so much better off than a lot of people.

Talk to yall soon!

No comments: